United States District Court, S.D. Indiana, Indianapolis Division
REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION
WILLIS UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
April 15, 2019 and April 30, 2019, the Court held an Initial
Hearing and Final Revocation Hearing, respectively, on the
Petition for Warrant or Summons for Offender Under
Supervision filed on April 8, 2019 (Docket No. 482).
Defendant Michael A. Doyle appeared in person with his
appointed counsel Jonathan Ricketts. The government appeared
by Brad Blackington, Assistant United States Attorney, via
telephone. U.S. Probation appeared by Officer Shallon Alford.
Court conducted the following procedures in accordance with
Fed. R. Crim. P. 32.1(a)(1) and 18 U.S.C. § 3583:
1. The Court advised Mr. Doyle of his rights and provided him
with a copy of the petition.
2. Mr. Doyle waived his right to a preliminary hearing.
3. The parties advised the Court they had reached an
agreement to resolve the allegations in the Petition but
requested a continuance to finalize said agreement.
4. The Court set this matter for a Final Revocation Hearing
on April 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
5. The parties appeared on April 30, 2019 for the Final
6. After being placed under oath, Mr. Doyle admitted
Violation 2. (Docket No. 482.)
7. The allegation to which Defendant admitted, as fully set
forth in the petition, is:
Number Nature of Noncompliance
must refrain from any unlawful use of a controlled
substance." On April 2, 2019, Mr. Doyle
admitted to Officer Logan Bensing with the Jeffersonville
Police Department in Clark County, Indiana, that he had
ingested heroin on that date.
Government orally moved to withdraw Violation Number 1, ...