APPEAL FROM THE DEKALB SUPERIOR COURT, Cause No. CV-86-109, The Honorable Charles L. Quinn, Judge.
Garrard, P.j., and Hoffman, J., Concur.
DeKalb County Eastern Community School District (DeKalb Eastern) appeals the trial court's. judgment denying DeKalb Eastern's petition to stay arbitration proceedings and ordering the parties to proceed with arbitration. The sole issue raised by DeKalb Eastern is whether the trial court's judgment is contrary to law.
The facts of this case, as found by the trial court, are:
1. That Petitioner is an Indiana public school corporation created and existing under the laws of the State of Indiana with the power and responsibility to administer the DeKalb county Eastern Community School District and the Northeast Indiana Special Education Co-operative.
2. That Respondent, DeKalb County Eastern Education Association, is a school employee organization as that term is defined by I.C. 20-7.5-1-2(k), and the exclusive bargaining representative for all school employees of DeKalb Eastern.
3. That Respondent Goen is an employee of the Indiana State Teachers Association and at times acts as a representative for the Association.
4. That Respondent Reinoehl is a school employee of DeKalb Eastern and at all times material was the President of the Association.
5. That the Association and DeKalb Eastern entered into a collective bargaining agreement covering the period 1984-85. Under that agreement, the parties agreed to submit unresolved disputes to arbitration.
6. That in January and February of 1985, the Association filed a grievance with DeKalb Eastern on behalf of Sue Szentesy and of all special education teachers who claimed that they had been inappropriately reduced in their contract salary.
7. That the superintendent disposed of the grievance by denying the teachers' claim for additional pay.
8. That the DeKalb Eastern Board of School Trustees considered the grievance and denied the ...